19 August 2009

Leaving Soon

This is at my swearing in for the Navy.
I leave for Navy boot camp in two weeks. It’s crazy that the time is sneaking up so fast. With that comes a lot of different emotions that I have been feeling. Excitement is probably top and the grief over the changes that are taking place. My friend Leslie is moving to England for a year for school so we are both going through the same emotions which helps a great deal. She understands it.
Since last writing at the end of July I have run two more races. One was the Gopher to Badger Half Marathon which I finished in 2:45 and a 5K for Pepperfest that I didn’t do well on (38:00). Running has been good. It has given me time to pray and LISTEN to God. Listening has always been the hard part for me so when I run I have time to actually listen to my Father.
Since I’m leaving for boot camp soon I probably wont be able to update this for a really long time. Basically I head to Great Lakes, IL and then Pensacola, Fl for A school (training school) and after that I have no idea where I’ll be living. Please keep me in your prayers as I enter this new phase of my life. Thank you so much! Be blessed.

No comments: