02 December 2009

I'm a Sailor!

It's official! I'm a United States Sailor. I graduated from Navy boot camp on October 30. Boot camp was a very exciting time and a great experience. I honestly loved it and didn't think that it was very hard. On tv and in movies boot camp is portrayed as nothing but exercise and people yelling at you (which there is quite a bit of) but in reality it is so much more, at least in the Navy. My favourite part is how I was challenged to do better in everything, to do my best or better than my best in running, tests and in personal standards. I was challenged in all aspects of life.
November 1 I turned 22. I am having a hard time believing that I am 22. My family, grandparents and my friend Matt came down for graduation and I was so blessed to share my birthday with them! I was really sick at the time so it was not a whole lot of fun but them just being there was great. We went to the Jelly Belly factory, my dad's old friends house and I even found a Dunn Brothers Coffee (the coffee shop I worked at for a year) and fully enjoyed that. My brother, sister and I swam at the hotel - she's still talking about it. Family is such a blessing. They make my world what it is and knowing that they are there no matter what and fully supporting me means more than anything I could possibly ask for!
As of now I am in Pensacola, Florida waiting to start my school where I learn my job. I have been here since November 4. Florida is great. I love the warmth and do not miss the snow that would be going on right now if I were still in Wisconsin. I am working with a great group of people. We actually are like a disfunctional family with the way we screw around, make fun of each other and look out for one another. I guess you could throw a little love in there as well.
That is an update on the Navy. I am excited to keep you all abreast of what comes next!
P.S. Thank you so much for all your letters during boot camp!

No comments: